The Arlington Heights Church of Christ located in Corpus Christi, Texas, is actively seeking a dynamic and talented individual to serve the congregation as minister. The congregation has a current membership of approximately 200, with an average Sunday morning attendance of approximately 140 to 160 during 2018
The Minister needs to be spiritually mature, energetic and passionate about sharing God's Word with people. The Minister should be a skilled communicator and orator who can connect with the congregation in a way that encourages their spiritual growth.
We prefer individuals with:
- A minimum of 4 -10 years Preaching experience
- A family who is supportive and involved in the church
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Bible and/or Ministry from an accredited Church of Christ affiliated University
Specific responsibilities includes:
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of God's word and a heartfelt desire to be led by his spirit
- Energetic and passionate about preaching, serving and ministering to others.
- Teach Bible classes
- Community Minded
- Participate in church fellowship activities
- Connect with members of the congregation
- Visit with people in their homes
- Be hospitable
- Visit the sick in hospitals and homes.
- Conduct Funerals and Weddings and other special occasions as needed.
- Provides council to people in the midst of crises demonstrating warmth, openness and sensitivity.
- Conduct Bible studies with those seeking the knowledge of Christ.
- Leads by example in creating congregational unity and a common sense of shared purpose, through involvement
and participation in congregation and community activities.
- Become part of the spiritual leadership at Arlington Heights Church of Christ
- Work cooperatively with the eldership
- Works under the authority of the eldership: maintains open communication and dialogue with the eldership
through regular meetings and informal communication as needed.
- Maintain personal study time in God's Word to continue to grow spiritually and in the knowledge of God's word
- Feed the congregation and help it grow spiritually and in the knowledge of God's word
- Ministry opportunities as assigned by the elders
Click HERE for job description
Or Call 361- 241-1612
Arlington Heights Church of Christ Prospective Minister Procedures
If you would like to work with us in this capacity, please submit the following:
- A resume highlighting ministry experience, goals and vision
- 2-3 recordings of recent sermons (URLs or DVDs preferred, audio CDs or Internet downloads accepted)
- List of references that we may contact
Email any questions you may have to: email@example.com
Mail application materials to:
Arlington Heights Church of Christ
2722 Rand Morgan
Corpus Christi, TX 78410